Salary Guide 2018
These guides provide you with an overview; salary ranges will always vary dependent on a number of factors. These can include personal circumstances, labour market trends and sector specific variances.
Ensuring you remain competitive in your market allows you to attract the talent and skills you need.
|5 Year PQE|
|3 Year PQE|
|Part Qualified – 5 exams remaining|
PQE – post qualification experience
The wide variance in remuneration for senior level finance roles makes it almost impossible to summarise within any meaningful ranges. As experts in the market we can provide guidance based on the key factors you should consider for any position:
- Role title and remit (FD, FC, Group FD/FC, CFO etc.)
- Industry sector
- Size/complexity of organisation
- Geographical location
- Ownership structure
- Current financial performance
- Future plans – growth/M&A/turnaround/exit/BAU
- Equity, EMI or LTIP participation – potential for lower remuneration with medium/longer term wealth growth
- Benefits package – most senior roles will include some, if not all:
- Car/car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Bonus (average 15% but 100%+ of salary common in some situations)
- Study assistance and further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Share save scheme
- Gym membership or onsite provision
A general rule of thumb is that larger PLC’s provide more extensive benefits packages. However, it is quite possible for SME businesses to compete, with a little creativity, to provide attractive packages without it breaking the bank.
Our team, with comprehensive market experience, can provide you with advice and guidance on salary and benefits packages. We also have a strong network of pension, private healthcare and employee perks providers who can help tailor cost-effective packages to help you attract the best people into your business.
Simply call 01902 717581 and ask!